Tropical Vet Services has established mixed-animal clinics in Babinda, Innisfail, Mission Beach, Tully, Cardwell, Ingham and North Shore, Townsville. Our growing team benefits from in-clinic and between-clinic cooperation and skills development. We strongly encourage continued development and offer a career development pathway for our staff.
Mixed Animal Veterinarian Required
Tropical Vet Services is seeking a full-time vet to join our awesome team at our Innisfail & Tully clinic in Tropical North Queensland.
Tropical Vet Services is a group of mixed-practice clinics based on the North Queensland Tropical Coast between Cairns and Townsville. Our clinics see a large and varied caseload of dogs & cats, birds & exotics, cattle & horses as well as all manner of wildlife.
Our great team strives for continuous improvement in all our practices and we strongly encourage continuing education to help you develop your special interests and network with colleagues. We promote a healthy work-life balance and our vets get a weekday off each week.
Our practices are equipped with in-house blood pathology machines, portable digital xray, small and large animal ultrasounds and many of the other toys you would like to have your hands on!
Ideally, we would love it if you had a couple of years’ experience, but if you are a recent or new graduate with a positive and optimistic attitude and a keen interested in a mixed animal position then we would love to hear from you. We are a “New Graduate Friendly” Practice and new graduates will be offered support and a mentoring program. The position may be able to be tailored to suit vets with particular interests in the veterinary field.
Salary package will be above award and negotiated commensurate with experience and will include superannuation and significant Continuing Education contributions.
The successful applicant would ideally begin employment in July or August 2017.
For further information or to discuss your interest please contact Tracey at email@example.com
Inventory & Database Coordinator
Tropical Vet Services is a quality and innovative veterinary practice group spanning across the North Queensland region.
A newly created role has become available for an Inventory & Database Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
As the Inventory & Database Coordinator, you will work alongside the Tropical Vet Services management team to create effective and efficient procurement systems, policies and procedures, IT systems and help drive us toward achieving our goals.
This part-time role (approx. 30-34hrs/week) will be based at our premises in North Shore, Townsville.
Reporting to the Directors of Tropical Vet Services and the Practice Manager the primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Continually improving inventory systems & processes and purchasing methods
- Planning, directing and monitoring all stock control & purchasing activities
- IT alignment with the CRM/Practice Management Software
- Maintaining the integrity of the database & internal database support
- Coordinate and manage practice reminders and compliance
- Manage Accounts Receivable processes
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders – internal/external on a daily basis
- Assisting with Practice Administration Duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- Strong IT skills with ability to utilise software to gain reporting and compliance excellence.
- Inventory management experience with a large number of SKUS
- Proven ability to effectively implement change
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills via all modes of communication
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to implement actions from strategic plan
- Outstanding planning, organising, administration and time management skills
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise and deal with multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work as both part of a team and independently
- Prior experience working within the animal health industry is desirable but not essential
A copy of the position outline is available on request.
Applications for this great new role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Applications close 20th June 2017.